Seeding Success: Getting your Research into the Hands of Farmers
Communications Training for Agricultural Researchers
This training will build your skills in the art and science of effective communication for agriculture extension, with a focus on producing research summaries for farmers. The format and content is designed for graduate students, researchers, agrologists and extension specialists working in British Columbia.
What we'll cover
- Research-backed principles of how to engage adult learners
- Tips and tricks to translate research results into information farmers will want to read
- Proven ways to get research results into the hands of farmers
- Option to complete your own research summary and receive feedback from the training team
- Live training sessions on zoom
Dates and times
- Weekly on Thursdays, 9:30-11am Pacific
- Live sessions on November 16, November 23 & December 7
- No session on November 30 to provide time for independent work on a research summary
Space for this training is limited with priority given to graduate students, researchers, consultants and agrologists working in BC agricultural research or extension.
All three sessions are included in the registration price of $40 per participant. Students receive a 50% discount. If cost is a barrier, and you are committed to participating in all sessions, please reach out.
Funding for this event has been provided in part by the governments of Canada and British Columbia under the Sustainable Canadian Agricultural Partnership, a federal-provincial-territorial initiative.